TrickTape is a simple way to make your skate shoes last longer. Every skater knows what it’s like to buy a fresh new pair of shoes, only to have them ripped to pieces days or weeks later, leaving two options: a sketchy homemade repair or paying for another pair.
Made from durable suede with an adhesive backing, TrickTape works on shoes of all shapes, sizes, and fabrics. Use it to repair holes in your shoes, or preventatively before they start to rip, so that pair of shoes that only lasted a couple weeks is still going strong months later.
Stop spending more than you have to on shoes that are going to rip anyway. With all that cash staying in your pocket, you can save up for more important things like a new deck, set of wheels, fine steak dinner, or that roth IRA.
1. Locate area for Trick Tape adhesive patch.
2. Clean area around the desired patch location with soft bristle brush (old toothbrush) and trim off any exposed thread or other loose fabric. Also, make sure the shoe material is not damp, moist, or wet.
3. Shape the Trick Tape patch with scissors (making sure that the patch is at least 1/4" to 1/2" inch larger than the desired area to be patched).
4. Remove the adhesive backing and place one hand inside the shoe with your fingers resting against the area to be patched and use the other hand to place the Trick Tape patch.
5. Press firmly into place using both hands and fingers. The harder you press when applying the better it will stick. Let stand for 15 minutes. For best results, apply overnight after skating.
6. Go Skate!
As a business, we believe it's our responsibility to be a source of continual positive change in our community. Our goal is to harness the good we get from riding and pay it forward, so others can experience the stoke for themselves and do the same.
With that, we've partnered with Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the life of Jimmy Miller. The JMMF provides free of charge its unique program of Ocean Therapy to the United States Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Battalion-West, as well as the Veterans from the West LA Veterans Hospital and youth from several care and shelter facilities for at risk and foster children.
The JMMF Ocean Therapy program combines occupational and recreational therapies with the sport of surfing in the healing environment of the ocean. Ocean Therapy is proven to assist recovery and rehabilitation for those challenged by Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (“PTSD”), traumatic brain injuries, and other emotional, mental, and medical conditions.
For every roll sold on our website, we donate $1 to the JMMF, an organization filled with good people committed to a good cause. Know that your purchase, albeit small, adds up to create a real, tangible impact in the lives of those who deserve it.
To donate and for more information, please visit www.jimmymillerfoundation.org.
TrickTape is the product of a couple of guys who weren’t happy with how quickly their shoes wore out, and thought there was a better way than using duct tape or shoe goo. So why not create a tape made of the same material as their shoes? After taking the time to test for the best, most durable suede, voilà TrickTape was born.
Skateboarding is great. Pushing yourself, creative expression, the sense of achievement... so many good things come from riding, and we hope in a small way this product helps people find that.